[Poison] Cheshire Cat (Lune-Ikeda, Yukari)
Name: Cheshire Cat
Creator: Lune-Ikeda, Yukari
State: Liquid to Gas (see Chemical Properties)
Delivery Method: Inhalation
Poison Effect: Stiffening of facial muscles, involuntary regurgitation, paralysis of fingers
Activation Time: 1 post
Once the poison is inhaled, it will begin to stiffen the facial muscles of the target. This usually results in the 'Cheshire Cat grin', which gave the poison its name. The target may find it very difficult to speak. The stiffening of facial muscles is accompanied by minimal pain but lasts during activation time only.
Effect Duration: 5 posts
The main effect of this poison includes involuntary regurgitation and stiffening to total paralysis of fingers. This poison will make the target regurgitate whatever he/she has ingested or, if the stomach is empty, his/her stomach acids. The nerve endings of the hands will also be affected, making the fingers curl up similar to a cat's claws. Extreme pain, similar to having your flesh cut open, will be felt on the hands and lower arms if the target attempts to move his fingers and he will find that he will be unable to move them while the poison is in effect.
After three posts, the involuntary regurgitation will stop.
By the end of the Effect Duration, the poison would have broken down to basic protein, untraceable and unrecognizable even at the chemical level, and none of its effects would linger unless the target had a weakness against poisons. For those who are weak against poisons, only the main effect (total paralysis of fingers) will be prolonged.
The original Cheshire Cat (A-rank) was a derivative of strychnine. Its improved form (S-rank) was created from Yukari's blood with alterations to make it resemble strychnine to some degree. In liquid form, it is orange-reddish in color; it looks and smells like honey. Once ingested, however, it tastes like bitter medicine. If the person who ingests it in its pure liquid form suddenly inhales air immediately after swallowing Cheshire Cat, the liquid will turn to its gaseous form while inside that person's esophagus.
- The poison effect of Cheshire Cat kicks in only if it is in gas form.
- The liquid poison reacts quickly to air and when exposed to it, it turns to a billowy pink cloud that smells and tastes like cotton candy.
- Each dose can cover a radius of ten meters without the use of jutsu.
- The Cheshire Cat, in both its forms, does not have a negative effect if delivered to a target via his circulatory system (e.g. through cuts or needles).
- This poison does not have any negative effects (aside from the horrid, bitter taste) if mixed into any other liquid before it is ingested.
- Cheshire Cat is made up of its creator's blood which was slightly altered to create its chemical and physical properties.
Old Poison Profile: [link]