Weapon Name: Crimson Spade
Weapon Type: Sword
Weapon Rank: S
- Total: 5 feet (1.5m)
- Physical Blade: 2 feet (0.6m)
- Eye Orb: 0.5 feet (0.15m)
- Actual Cutting Edge: 3.5 feet (1.05m)
- Handle: 1.5 feet (0.45m)
Weight: 10 lbs. (4.54kg)
The Crimson Spade seems to be pure black except for its red decorations and a few colored orbs on its handle. It is made of unrecognizable material, supposedly metal but it is an insulator. This sword is always surrounded by an illusion for gazing upon its true form will induce insanity (see Special Abilities).
Illusion of the Spade: This ability is almost always active. In this form, the Crimson Spade is a sword.
- It does not require chakra to keep this illusion intact; turning off this illusion uses up chakra instead.
- In this form, the Spade looks just like a real sword and can be used as one.
- The cutting edge is from the tip of the blade up to the black area that surrounds the eye design.
- The eye-like orb in the middle has no purpose aside from looking creepy.
- The three red spades and the orbs on the handle which reflect the elements of the user (Fire, Water, Lightning) are also nothing but designs.
- The actual cutting edge is 3.5 feet though the Illusion's design might make it seem as if the blade is just 2 feet (the red part).
- The middle of the handle has a hole.
- It is an insulator (does not conduct heat, electricity, etc.).
True Spade: This is the true form of the Crimson Spade. It looks like a fiery red cloak which is actually comprised of many quick-changing images from Yukari's memories.
- Deactivation of the Illusion: When the Illusion is turned off by using A-rank amount of chakra, the sword form disappears and a red cloak of images appears.
- Deactivation and Reactivation of the Illusion cannot happen merely within moments (i.e. must be done in separate posts)
- It looks like a fiery cloak that will surround Yukari and it will move as she moves.
- True Spade's fiery appearance is purely aesthetic.
- The True Spade can only appear for a few minutes ( three posts ) every time, after which the Illusion will activate itself again. Yukari can reactivate the Illusion any time before the time limit expires ( before three posts ).
- In this form, the Spade cannot cut and cannot be touched by anyone aside from Yukari.
- These affect everyone except for Yukari:
- Gazing upon the True Spade induces temporary " Insanity " ( three posts ), for the cloak of images shows all of Yukari's memories in a very quick flash, along with all of her past thoughts.
- The memories and thoughts cannot be retained in the victim's mind because of the violence that it causes to one's psyche.
- Insanity causes violence to one's self if the victim is not clinically insane. What this entails depends entirely on the victim's personality.
- Victims that are already clinically insane become catatonic for three posts.
- Confusion and cloudy judgement accompanies Insanity.
- Each victim will be affected by "Insanity" only once per deactivation of the Illusion.
The Crimson Spade is a physical manifestation of Yukari's chaotic memories. It was retrieved from the inner depths of her mind by some unfortunate people who luckily made it out alive. Yukari continued to play her role as the Alice of the Crimson Spade, and the Spade itself changed accordingly. At first, turning off the Illusion required heavy costs and it gave the True Spade a chaotic appearance in this reality. Over time, the cost was lessened in return for losing its ability to permanently damage the minds of its victims. The True Spade also appeared to be tame, fitting its Alice like a cloak of fire instead of a chaotic cloud of images.
Slot Cost: S
Owner: Lune-Ikeda, Yukari
Old Profile: [link]