logo

You are reading Updates, Updates and Updates, a discussion on the TheNinja-RPG community forums. Players use these boards to share builds, ask questions and follow announcements. Create a free account to reply, or start with the getting-started guide.

Forum

Updates, Updates and Updates

Neon AvatarImage

Updates, Updates and Updates

Neon
Lvl. 100JoninContent-admin

It's 7:30AM as I write this, so I won't be too detailed.

Teno Yuki:
Got overhauled to be a tanky BL and not be the worst in the game. We're generally happy with how the A Ranks are, they are some edge cases where one or two of them don't feel complete as a whole (Vaporia).

B Ranks:
B Ranks have been changed to be more competitive with A Ranks. I believe a world where B-S can fight each other and player skill is the defining factor is a good thing. I don't want no BL to be an auto-win. We're not making the ranks equal as there are clear benefits between each rank but player skill should be the biggest factor.

Stuns:
Stuns are back but they have been reworked to remove AP instead of a turn.
Most stuns will cap out at around 30% and -40 AP Cost.
Teno Yuki, for being unique, has a two-turn stun that removes 40.
Arctic Frost and Voltari have a one-turn stun that removes 60.

New Tags are out:
Prevent Buff/debuff stops a player from casting a buff or debuff best use before they do it. It will not nullify a buff/debuff that is in place.
Stuns remove action points.
Prevent Clear/Cleanse: Stops a player from casting cleanse/clear again best use before they are cast.

These tags are strong and the numbers might need playing around with so some trial and error here.

General Thoughts:
We're still working on a roadmap to show you everything that is planned with discord threads for feedback and suggestions on what could be better.
Off the top of my head after consulting in tavern and in private:
Kage Overhaul (To prevent certain bad actors from destroying your hard work and putting the power of the village into the players. Elders will not be a given title but an earned one.)
Quest (We're introducing a single-player mode this has taken a lot of planning but it's finally been approved. MPVP Quest will come after Single-player Quest is working.)
BA Overhaul (PVP Rank, Practice Dummy, Actual Battle Tower.) In the short term, we will lower the BA Cap.
Professions (Crafting, Player Trading.)
Overhauling Anbu and Medic.
War System

Those are just immediate things that we hope to have completed. I'd like to welcome Purged to the team as a second developer to help speed things along.

We're not where we want to be at the moment, we're a bit far from it, and whether right or wrong that responsibility is mine. I know some people are upset, some are annoyed.

Live service games are hard, lol, they aren't my specialty. I've only ever done standalone titles.

That said, I believe we're getting closer to a good medium, but there are a few bugs and protocols to iron out. More defined staff rules and guidelines.
I know we might have lost the trust of a lot of you and trust is hard to gain back once lost, but I feel confident we can do that.

Change takes time but we are planning our next phase of releases and we will let you guys know in advance of what those are.
Marriage is out but it made the search not work, unless you're searching for someone to marry. This will be fixed later today.

@9/24/2024, 12:47:25 PM

Apoc AvatarImage
Apoc
Lvl. 100Jonin
You and the team are doing great things Neon ! We my bitch and complain but i doubt there is a single player who does not appreciate your and the rest of the team hard work .

@9/24/2024, 12:53:52 PM

Apoc AvatarImage
Apoc
Lvl. 100Jonin
And don't give power to the people Dx or else il remain jobless ! Tyrants need to live also !

@9/24/2024, 12:54:25 PM

Neon AvatarImage
Neon
Lvl. 100JoninContent-admin
No problem Apoc, maybe creating a faction and going rogue is for you

@9/24/2024, 12:57:34 PM

Guy AvatarImage
Guy
Lvl. 20Genin
i appreciate everyone working so hard on this :)

@9/24/2024, 1:02:04 PM

Apoc AvatarImage
Apoc
Lvl. 100Jonin
Yeah maybe 😁! My story arc has just begun

@9/24/2024, 1:11:29 PM

Uesugi AvatarImage
Uesugi
Lvl. 100Jonin
My bug avatar still not resolve. Neon should give me 1 free reputation point, so i can regenerate as compensation. 🥲

@9/24/2024, 1:14:25 PM

Lyonin AvatarImage
Lyonin
Lvl. 46Chunin
This only really has anything to do with the Teno Yuki Bloodline skills update. It is a Genjutsu based BL (Not that who I'm talking to doesn't already know) Wit the moves (that I've unlocked so far) Imperial freeze and Ice coffin (the jutsu I am referencing in this post). Now both jutsu are Genjutsu and from a previous update I remember it being said that Genjutsu will have some of the longer ranges on the range list. However with the update to this blookline not only did we get an increase on SP/CP cost, but we also lost the global effect of Imperial freeze, bringing it to a single target effect. Not only that, but it also was lowered in range to a close combat range, which Ice coffin already was. Ice coffin was also raised in CP/SP cost with almost no real change to anything other than the cost. I'm bringing this up since I remember seeing something about Genjutsu having longer ranges, also to ask why we lost our global jutsu. Even if it isn't global, having an increased range that hits everything it can reach instead of two close combat single target effects was nice. I haven't used it in player combat yet, only in the arena, so I don't exactly know how useful it will be in player vs player combat, and I'm not complaining as much as wondering why the Genjutsu lost so much range as well as increased in cost so much. Overall I'm still liking this version of TNR so far, yall keep up the good work~

@9/24/2024, 1:20:37 PM

NenBeast AvatarImage
NenBeast
Lvl. 63Jonin
Equal stats and equal skill will mean that the Rank of their BL will directly affect the outcome of the theoretical fight. You are chasing a fools dream and an unobtainable goal.

@9/24/2024, 1:33:33 PM

Sora AvatarImage
Sora
Lvl. 100Higher Outlaw
Damn if only there were other variables. They should add like items or something.

@9/24/2024, 2:32:34 PM

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Cookie Consent - Guide - Rules - Staff

TheNinja-RPG © by Studie-Tech ApS - 2005-2026

Rådhusstræde 15 - 1466 København K - Denmark - Contact